Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Positively…

So lately I've been trying something new. No more negative talk. It's amazing how much you find yourself talking negatively to yourself. You know, I actually tried to count how often negative thoughts or words come to my brain, and holy cow! Really, I lost count. It's crazy.

It's hard as a woman, to really shut down the inner critic. So often, we hear people tell us how thin we should be, or how tall, or how attractive, and to who's standards we should live up to; the media does such a great job of shutting down our self esteem to the point where we become these glazed eyed consumers who can only feel attractive if they purchase something, or spend money on a membership to a gym or waste money on some lame ass weight loss program.

Why waste your time on those things? Honestly, the best thing you can do for yourself is to stop the negative talk and move forward. Being a consumer is taking step backward in life. It's amazing how the things we want in our life are really blocked by our self image. There are goals that I have, and goals I'm sure you have for yourself. These goals are what make you feel positive, and alive. Accomplishing those makes you feel amazing. So instead of wasting your time with the negative talk and the consumerism, start a clothing swap and accomplish those goals!

I personally have affirmations that I get every day in my inbox. That helps me a lot. I read them aloud, and try to let it really sink in. I'm moving forward, baby!

1 comment:

Alicia Anabel Santos said...

"shutting down our self esteem to the point where we become these glazed eyed consumers who can only feel attractive if they purchase something"

Brilliant...my friend Aurora does a clothese swap its such a great idea. She calls it the naked lady party...

Great blog love.

Peace~
Alicia