Friday, September 7, 2007

Pagan Housecleaning

The one thing I love about being a witch is that I can incorporate paganism into the everyday life. The best way, for example, through housecleaning. I have a bottle of Rue water that I add into the water that I mop with. Of course, I use Orange essential oil and vinegar. But I also add the Rue, to help cleanse the home, and bring in love and good health to all who enter it.

When I sweep the floors, I imagine myself sweeping away all the negativity and arguments had. While mopping the floors, I imagine my goals coming to pass, and all the things I'm wanting for myself at the moment. I imagine bringing in prosperity, peace and love into my home. I'll then burn some incense (frankincense), with the windows open, to shoo away any stale or negative energy in the home.

I do this while I clean pretty much anything in my home. It works, truly! Even while washing clothes, you can add a little salt to the wash, along with a couple drops of some potion or essential oil, based on your desired effect. Just find out which essential oils work for what, and do it!

1 comment:

Sydney Railla-Duncombe said...

Love your blog! I found the link on getcrafty.